Deleting the group woth the highest number of primitives?

kursad

I'd use the Sort SOP and an expression to order the primitives by the number of primitives listed in the primlist(..) function, and then delete the first primitive of the result.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, but how would I contstruct the primlist funtion since it is asking for a group name?

thanks

How about something like this?

It gets the prim count per group with a foreach to a primitive attribute, and sorts by that attribute, then deletes all primitives that match the prim count of prim 0 of the sorted geometry.

*hip attached*

Hope that helps!

Hey Darric, thank you I think that would do it for me. Initially I was just using connectivity and partition sops to create my groups.

Hi

I want to be able to find the group with highest or the lowest number of primitives and put all in one group or delete them. Probably I can do with some kind of Python but I was wondering if there is a straight SOP method

thanks

I would like to ask if anyone can show me a way how to do this in Python. Is it possible?

Thanks

I would like to ask if anyone can show me a way how to do this in Python. Is it possible?

Thanks

untested but it should work!

geo = hou.pwd().geometry()
primGroupList = geo.primGroups()
primGroupListSorted = [a for b, a in sorted(zip([len(group.prims()) for group in primGroupList], geo.primGroups()))]

group = primGroupListSorted[len(primGroupListSorted) - 1]
geo.deletePrims(group.prims())
group.destroy()

• Like 1