missing pics on network rendering

zarti

hello to everyone ,

my situation is this one ;

i have generated a sequence of IFDs from a scene which calls and applies as textures random PNGs from a single folder . when i render from my workstation , everything is fine . ... but when i add two slaves to help me render faster ( with -H option ) , textures are missing from the rendered image . tried many kind of combinations in the texture's input field , but the best i could get was a image where textures appeared fine only from the buckets rendered from my workstation ; not those of slaves .

machines are : workstation XP-PROx64 and 2 slaves x32 ( escape V11x32 ).

i'm using the mapped drive , which HQ itself configures , to read and write the files ( so i do not think is a permission case ) .

tried also to use a shared folder , but no luck ...

> could any of you share with me any solution , or if you had once this problem ; how did you solved it ?

thanks !

if you are on windows check your services. the houdini server must log on as admin and not as local service. and you should use an unc - path for your textures.

hth.

petz

right there was my problem petz ... while i was lost into trying different paths and re-configuring permissions everywhere where i could see a checkbox (!)

thankYou so much petz !! you saved me a lot !

for this to be more clear for newbies like me =) in the future who may search for this ;

> on each of render nodes , configure the hserver service to not Log On with current account , but with an administrator account and its password .

yep ! ... it is that easy . =P

.cheers