problems with selection

Hi there,

my first post here.

I have often problems selecting objects or primitives or points, lemme give you an example:

curve -> mirror -> join ... when in join mode i CANT select anything from the 3D viewer ... the only way to get join working is by adding it in the tree view directly.. and then set all the options...

this happens to me in many situations... actually with the Mirror SOP above ... i have to add it in the tree view since i cant select anything in the 3D viewport....

i checked all the settings in the 3D view like .. lock selection .. i tried to select primitives, curves, edges, points... nothings changes.

is there any reason that i'm missing about the Houdini workflow?

thanks in advance :]

in the viewport does it say "View" in the top left corner or "Mirror",

if it is "View" then make sure that view flag is on the operator that you want to modify, then move the cursor over the viewport and hit enter....

ohh and also make sure that viewport is in SOP network

I know this is really simple but has hapened to somebody somwhere, thats why somebody remebers it <_<

-Kaspar

i'm in the tool mode.. like 'mirror' or ' join' mode when i have such selections problems.. I also usually press Enter to be sure about that.....

it just react like i cant select such kind of primitive i need...

another issue is about the EDIT sop... to confirm the points i wanna edit.. i have to 'fake' a TAB menu pression.. i mean...

- i select the points.. i RMB to confirm... it fails..

- i select the points.. i TAB to enter the menu, I TAB again to put the menu away, i RMB to confirm the points selections.. it works.. now i can edit my point..

this happens usually when I PGUP to the curve and then i add a EDIT sop into my tree using the viewport..

I really have no idea on what can be the prob...

I believe you're having problems with secure selection. The edit thing certainly sounds like it. On the left side of the viewport, turn off the icon with a lock on it (hover over it and it'll say secure selection). This should make many things easier. In the edit sop, you can now select at will, without any TAB faking.

Ok, I just tested the join, and it looks like it's just broken. Go to the sidefx forum and post it in the early access feedback forum. Then hopefully they'll fix it. :)

-Jens