volume matte shading

Benyee

tow volume elements(pyro dust) in my shot,how to do seperate rendering for them,respectively for FG end BG,i don't know how to get right matte for each,thanks.

render one red and one green,

You can do up to three basic layers like this, red, green, and blue. That is pretty standard. Alternatively you can render out based on lights from image planes, and then do a normal pass to relight.

render one red and one green,

You can do up to three basic layers like this, red, green, and blue. That is pretty standard. Alternatively you can render out based on lights from image planes, and then do a normal pass to relight.

thanks to your directions,sir,the two(in fact more) elcments are intersected,would you like to contribute a simple .hip,

thanks again. :)

RGB Shaders, you extract them in compositing. There is a limit of 3 but it saves you from rendering out hundreds of mattes, you can play with deep camera maps, but that only works inside houdini, unless you got some good programmers to make interfaces for the data in your comp package.

thanks,La,i have another question,how extract shadow pass for each volume,which casted from neighbor volume(s)?

thanks,La,i have another question,how extract shadow pass for each volume,which casted from neighbor volume(s)?

I'm confused with what you want? You may have to do shadow passes separately for each object, if I get what the drift of what you are looking for is. Can you restate that, or put an example file of spheres up?

Ok So so all I could do in the end with the pyro shader was to create a couple different takes to solo each "element" out, the only thing I really did different was check the phantom, on each pass. I had the RGB passes in there together and solo, but it wasn't doing something I wanted, which is why I did the former. The one problem with the pyro shader is that you don't get all the passes you can from h11 since it is hard coded, and hasn't been updated. I dropped the nuke file I was playing with. Hope that works out for you.

If you want you can take the new smoke shader I did and add some ramp parameters, and bring in some other attributes so you get more control, but it is a little bit of a process to build as complicated a shader as the pyro shader.

SmokeComp.zip

Ok So so all I could do in the end with the pyro shader was to create a couple different takes to solo each "element" out, the only thing I really did different was check the phantom, on each pass. I had the RGB passes in there together and solo, but it wasn't doing something I wanted, which is why I did the former. The one problem with the pyro shader is that you don't get all the passes you can from h11 since it is hard coded, and hasn't been updated. I dropped the nuke file I was playing with. Hope that works out for you.

If you want you can take the new smoke shader I did and add some ramp parameters, and bring in some other attributes so you get more control, but it is a little bit of a process to build as complicated a shader as the pyro shader.

very valuable methods,generating alpha channel from solo fire pass.

you rendered billowysmoke with shadow directely.

at this moment i focus on generation of billowysmoke shadow pass,is there a shader like "Shadow Matte" or even some function like "shadow mask" in "usebackground" shader in maya which don't catch shadow mask for surface geometry but for volume elements?

maybe need coding or other approches.

very valuable methods,generating alpha channel from solo fire pass.

you rendered billowysmoke with shadow directely.

at this moment i focus on generation of billowysmoke shadow pass,is there a shader like "Shadow Matte" or even some function like "shadow mask" in "usebackground" shader in maya which don't catch shadow mask for surface geometry but for volume elements?

maybe need coding or other approches.

The shadow map node doesn't work with volume as far as I've tried. The best thing to do is mimic the effect of it through white and black coloration of your shadows to produce the effect.

You can modify the billowy smoke to receive the new indirect lighting node so it can spit of the type of passes you want. But you won't be able to do it with the pyro shader in that manner, since it's not vops, and you want to get into a lot of vex coding.

The shadow map node doesn't work with volume as far as I've tried. The best thing to do is mimic the effect of it through white and black coloration of your shadows to produce the effect.

You can modify the billowy smoke to receive the new indirect lighting node so it can spit of the type of passes you want. But you won't be able to do it with the pyro shader in that manner, since it's not vops, and you want to get into a lot of vex coding.

i don't want to if not necessary. :D

i prefer to try out some apprroaches can implement some fake shadow pass effect first.

Edited by Benyee