Copy and paste parameter problem

siachrek

Hi, I'm trying to control the uniform scale of a sphere by deriving that value from the rotate slider of another piece of geo by using a simple copy and paste parameter. The problem here is as the source geo rotates, the target sphere scales up way beyond expected. e.g roate value goes up to 1.6, sphere value also goes up to 1.6. I want the sphere value to go up by 0.06 or 0.6 etc and not strictly following values from its parent param.Is there something I can use to achieve this? I tried ch("../blah") /4 etc but nothing works.

File attached.

copyParam4Odforce.hipnc

just try again

ch("../Flower_Open_with_rotate/rot")/100

in xform1/scale does what you want

Thanks,it worked but i needed finer control over the operation so i added a /100*2. Now the sphere scales from 0 to the correct value.

Because the parent rot starts at 0 the sphere also starts at 0.If I wanted to make the sphere start at a different default value i added /100+0.2 to it and it now works perfect.

Thanks,it worked but i needed finer control over the operation so i added a /100*2. Now the sphere scales from 0 to the correct value.

Because the parent rot starts at 0 the sphere also starts at 0.If I wanted to make the sphere start at a different default value i added /100+0.2 to it and it now works perfect.

Also check the fit() expression:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.0/expressions/fit

Dragos