Corrupt hip file?

chazfest

Howdy,

I've been working on a water fountain experiment for a few days now (with the help of the kind people here on odforce), and as from today, the project seems somehow corrupt. For instance, Houdini now seems hell-bent on cooking the entire simulation upon opening the project each time, also, my renders are cancelling during the 1st or 2nd frames, regardless of whether I render to MPlayer or straight to disk as an EXR, PNG or TIFF.

The last thing I did last night was monkey around with motion blur settings, which included me connecting a 'Trail' node to the ParticleFluid1 node. Shortly after which, I deleted this and chose instead to enable motion bur in Mantra and shift 'GeoTimeSamples' to 2, inline with 'xFormTimeSamples' (as per Peter Quint's tutorial).

Is it possible that I may have somehow disrupted something in the project by messing around with Motion Blur?

I've attached the project file in the hope that someone may be able to spot something and say 'woah, what on earth have you done (xyz) for?'.

Fountain NukeCam.hip

Fingers crossed :(

Thanks in advance.

Chaz

Yeah something have become borked with your fluid sim stuff. It's when it tries to do motionblur on the particlefluidsurface that it breaks.

Dont have time to investigate more atm.

Hey man,

thanks for for investigating :)