rigging dynamics

hey,

As a blooody noob in terms of characterwork im wondering how to apply dynamics ore forces to a rig and it's skin.Something like constrained RBD's. For example simulating the charakter falling to the ground. Samples of endorphin software show the behavour i am searching for.

Thx

HT

hey,

As a blooody noob in terms of characterwork im wondering how to apply dynamics ore forces to a rig and it's skin.Something like constrained RBD's. For example simulating the charakter falling to the ground. Samples of endorphin software show the behavour i am searching for.

Thx

HT

is this keyframed ?

that certainly looks keyframed. The term you are looking for is rag doll dynamics, but I have no idea how to implement this in Houdini...As you said I suppose you should take a serious look to RBD along with constrains. Let´s see if someone else has some kind of info on this...

Edited by Netvudu

that certainly looks keyframed. The term you are looking for is rag doll dynamics, but I have no idea how to implement this in Houdini...As you said I suppose you should take a serious look to RBD along with constrains. Let´s see if someone else has some kind of info on this...

i found some posts about motionbuilder dataexchange on sidefxforum and some requests for H12 so it seems there was no development on this so far in H11...

in my case i'd just like to do a very simple setup so may RBD could work. How can i get the controlobjects of an autorig into a simple test RBD sim without care of complex constrain setups ? I think there's a lack on understandig network interaction on my side :) .... may you could bring me a little further on this..

thx

HT

Edited by hatrick

i found some posts about motionbuilder dataexchange on sidefxforum and some requests for H12 so it seems there was no development on this so far in H11...

in my case i'd just like to do a very simple setup so may RBD could work. How can i get the controlobjects of an autorig into a simple test RBD sim without care of complex constrain setups ? I think there's a lack on understandig network interaction on my side :) .... may you could bring me a little further on this..

thx

HT

Like mentioned above 'm trying to get the motiondata of some RBD cubes to a simple bonechain...Pls see the idea below:)

I tried to unlock the transformation paramteters of the single bones and link them with the positionoutput of my RBD simulation with a "ch()" expression. It seems that is not the way to go ;( Als on objectlevel i'm a little confused by the way the bonelink behaves.

cheers

HT

ps: lust click enable :)

post-4387-1299786996_thumb.jpg

Edited by hatrick

Like mentioned above 'm trying to get the motiondata of some RBD cubes to a simple bonechain...Pls see the idea below:)

I tried to unlock the transformation paramteters of the single bones and link them with the positionoutput of my RBD simulation with a "ch()" expression. It seems that is not the way to go ;( Als on objectlevel i'm a little confused by the way the bonelink behaves.

cheers

HT

ps: lust click enable :)

i did a test with handles and the handlechop and with the simple "look at " path in each bones paramaters ... both methods only work with keyframed objects (handle target ore path)!? ... what i am doing wrong that RBD data have no influence??

THX again !

.. as a final question for today (hopefully) .. how to get positiondata up to scenecontext ?

Edited by hatrick