file parameter expression to access a node in cop network

Hey,

I am using an environment light node and I want the "Environment Map" file parameter to point to a node in a copnetwork instead of reading a file from disk.

Is there an expression I can use?

Thanks!

Stephen

Hey Macha,

Thanks a lot!

I overlooked the fact that the environment light is expecting a isixpack cube... which further complicates things. I can't see how to get the rat file in to cops . For testing purposes I tried pointing the environment map file parameter to the original hdr(in the cross formation) and I get a completely different color...

Cheers!

Stephen

A File COP will load all the planes of an environment .rat file into Right, Left, Top, Bottom, Front and Back. This is what the environment light expects from a COP. You can use isixpack to create a packed .rat file from a cross .hdr:

# Generate a cubic environment .rat file from a cross HDR image

> isixpack kitchen_cross.hdr kitchen.rat

A File COP will load all the planes of an environment .rat file into Right, Left, Top, Bottom, Front and Back. This is what the environment light expects from a COP. You can use isixpack to create a packed .rat file from a cross .hdr:

# Generate a cubic environment .rat file from a cross HDR image

> isixpack kitchen_cross.hdr kitchen.rat

Thanks .... yes I managed to make the cross .rat file fine ... it's just that when I loaded it into cops it took a while to notice that the images were in the right, left, bottom, etc planes in the cops viewer ...now the hsv node doesn't effect the color of the rat file at all ... If I attach a normal tiff to the same hsv node it works just fine ... so I need to figure out how to get the hsv to work on the other image planes too... time to trawl the help again...

Cheers!

Stephen

ok ... so bringing a cross environment .rat file into cops ... I can use a channel copy to bring the say the "left" buffer into the "C" channel/buffer and then the hsv will work. Then I can use another channel copy cop to move it back to the "left" buffer. I would then have to do this for all six sides of the cross environment file. Would be nice to apply the hsv across all buffers!

Cheers

Stephen