Large volume fluid sims

mishurov

How to simulate the large scenes with many smoke objects by a network machine using hbatch or hython? If one lores smokeobject, I just render the Dop I/O to files nevertheless If there are many lores and hires smoke objects, I can't render that at once cause there're many ROP nodes in scene, each for one of the smoke objects. How to simulate a scene such as the described below one using hython without rerendering or resimulating it many times?

I hope you've understood me. It's quite hard to me to write in foreign language :)

Edited by mishurov

There are many ways this could be done depending on how you want to handle the workflow. Multiple pyro/smoke objects can be plugged into a single solver with a merge node if you want all of the objects to simulate at the same time. Then grab out the pyro/smoke objects with the DOP I/O node and merge them back together before plugging into a ROP Geometry node. If you want to simulate each on their own then just make a ROP Geometry driver for each DOP I/O and simulate one at a time or send each to a farm with a queue manager (like HQueue).

EDIT: Another way would be to use a File DOP node to write out the simulation cache in the DOP instead of caching out the geometry from the simulation at SOP level.

Edited by lukeiamyourfather

I suppose If you want a good answer, ask a neat question. Kindof. I'm already found a solution with hython and file DOP. I'd thought, however, that file DOP doesn't contains whole network, data'n'objects I mean. Smoke object is reading his fields after solver has done all substeps.