Principle working of accel parm in bezier keys

Hi guys! I'm working at export script from 3dsmax to houdini. Now I'm making part that will be export animation channels. I want transfer source animation with bezier interpolation(and not baking every frame) I've already done value, time and slope export. But I don't understand how transfer accel parm. When slope==0 all is simple. Length of bezier tangent(accel) is equal self value*fps. But when slope!=0 I've got a strange dependence from time and value. When slope->∞ again all clear - accel dependence from parm value. In other words accel parm is depending from slope. In 3dsmax these 2 parms aren't depending from each other. I hope my trouble is clear) Thanks for the help)

If your gamedev link, I don't see anything different in 3DS Max than from Maya? The only weird part I noticed offhand was that they seem to define their times values in terms of ratios of the sequence length.

In 3dsmax bezier's accel is just projection to timeline. But in houdini and maya accel depends and from values. Anyway thanks for the help) I think I can solve this issue some later, when I find time. Work, work...)

Ah, I missed that fact. They're using acceleration ratios (ie. the slope length is defined as a percentage of the segment length). Houdini's graph editor does that internally as well but converts them to absolute values for input/output for legacy reasons.

I've now augmented the KeysToHoudini page on how to handle acceleration ratios.

• 2 weeks later...