partcle fluid

Ankit Sinha

i am new to houdini, m doing some experiment with houdini particle fluid. When i convert any geometry to fluid, fluid kinda brust on first frame of simulation ie on frame 2. am i missing some thing that i should do before setting up, particle fluid. This problem is showing with both type of fluid sph and flip fluid. Thanks in advance.

fluidProblem.hipnc

Edited by Ankit Sinha

i am new to houdini, m doing some experiment with houdini particle fluid. When i convert any geometry to fluid, fluid kinda brust on first frame of simulation ie on frame 2. am i missing some thing that i should do before setting up, particle fluid. This problem is showing with both type of fluid sph and flip fluid. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunate side effect of SPH fluids. It comes down to your initial conditions. Try playing with the partice seperate, rest density, substeps, cfl condition (or just switch to flip fluids).

Unfortunate side effect of SPH fluids. It comes down to your initial conditions. Try playing with the partice seperate, rest density, substeps, cfl condition (or just switch to flip fluids).

m facing same prob wid flip fluid.... also see next comment for file wid flip fluid

Edited by Ankit Sinha

FLip is pretty much very stable. I dont see any issues with either Flip or SPH (apart from the fact that SPH is pretty slow..but hey its more accurate!).

Your problem is pretty obvious. The tube you are using is not fused. Its just two different surfaces with no thickness. This is critical as you need thickness for calculating your collision representations.

If you check your collision representation by going to Collisions tab ->Volume ->Show Collision guide geo you can see its not really what you expect it to be.

You need a CLOSED geometry for collisions.

Edit: Since your collision vol is filled on the inside too, the solver tries to push the particles inside the collision volume out which is normal(incase fluid penetrates the object).

Edited by bhaveshpandey