scale up the current vel field

practjin

hi there~ :rolleyes:

I have been trying to increase the current vel field value which is being calculated by fluid solver

and then reapply it increased vel field when simulate is doing.

but, i don't find that method.

Is there a method and microsolver to scale up the current vel field?

Edited by practjin

gas calculate should do the trick

hi there~ :rolleyes:

I have been trying to increase the current vel field value which is being calculated by fluid solver

and then reapply it increased vel field when simulate is doing.

but, i don't find that method.

Is there a method and microsolver to scale up the current vel field?

gas calculate should do the trick

oops~ sorry~ sanostol :unsure:

I leave out important issue that I want to increase just uniform rate on the whole.

I had tried with Gas calculate solver, but the vel field value increased frame by frame when simulate is doing.

So, I had clearly misunderstand. because, if I increase the vel value at previous frame, then this value will influence next frame vel value.

Eventually,I rendered simulated vel field to bgeo file and then import vel bgeo file to increase vel field value with volume mix node in soplevel.

After that time, resimulated fluid object applied with increased vel field.

Edited by practjin

what if you could create a temporary field to hold the scaled value which can be used for your velocity and then zero it out?

though since you have already scaled the velocity in the current time-step its bound to affect the velocity in the next time step?

just thinking.

The Gas Calculate on the vel field should have worked. You need to wire it in to the Velocity Adjustment green input of either the smoke or pyro solver. That's the first left hand green input. Just need to fill the Dest Field parameter to vel and leave the others empty. Then adjust the Post Add and Post Mult parameters. If you keyframe these, then you need to change the evaluation to Set Always so that the expressions evaluate all the time. You need to be real careful when multiplying the velocity field globally as you are creating a loop.

Another way is to use the Gas Field VOP. You can use Parameter VOPs to both fetch fields by name and type then export by name and type. You can do whatever you want in-between.

See the attached example file.

If this is a simulation being driven by temperature (buoyancy sim), then boosting the vel fields will be washed out by the global effect of temperature. You won't see that drastic an effect. You need to boost the temperature field along with the vel fields. You can use masks as well. A lot of this is demonstrated in the attached file.

gas_field_vop_boost_vel_example.hip

Edited by old school

what if you could create a temporary field to hold the scaled value which can be used for your velocity and then zero it out?

though since you have already scaled the velocity in the current time-step its bound to affect the velocity in the next time step?

just thinking.

thanks for sharing your idea~ bhaveshpandey~ :lol:

I will try it~

The Gas Calculate on the vel field should have worked. You need to wire it in to the Velocity Adjustment green input of either the smoke or pyro solver. That's the first left hand green input. Just need to fill the Dest Field parameter to vel and leave the others empty. Then adjust the Post Add and Post Mult parameters. If you keyframe these, then you need to change the evaluation to Set Always so that the expressions evaluate all the time. You need to be real careful when multiplying the velocity field globally as you are creating a loop.

Another way is to use the Gas Field VOP. You can use Parameter VOPs to both fetch fields by name and type then export by name and type. You can do whatever you want in-between.

See the attached example file.

If this is a simulation being driven by temperature (buoyancy sim), then boosting the vel fields will be washed out by the global effect of temperature. You won't see that drastic an effect. You need to boost the temperature field along with the vel fields. You can use masks as well. A lot of this is demonstrated in the attached file.

Wow thanks, old school~ :lol:

It's what I am looking for~ Thanks to your assistance and attached example file I could understand how I can control the vel field with microsolver in doing simulate.

thanks again~ :lol: