Python Source Editor command

zglynn

Hey Everyone,

I am experimenting with a tool that will let a user select a group of nodes (same type for now), and it will launch the Python Source Editor and set up some basic variables so the user can quickly write a script for any of the parameters on those selected nodes. But I don't know how to launch the Python Source Editor window from a python command. I know there are commands to create new panes and floating panes, but is there a command in python to launch the Python Source Editor window? Or maybe a command to launch the expression editor?

Thanks,

Zach

Hey Everyone,

I am experimenting with a tool that will let a user select a group of nodes (same type for now), and it will launch the Python Source Editor and set up some basic variables so the user can quickly write a script for any of the parameters on those selected nodes. But I don't know how to launch the Python Source Editor window from a python command. I know there are commands to create new panes and floating panes, but is there a command in python to launch the Python Source Editor window? Or maybe a command to launch the expression editor?

Thanks,

Zach

If you are under Windows, you can use AutoHotKey for Windows automation like sending certain shortcuts to certain windows.. Check it out pretty useful stuff.