Adaptive containers, smoke and bgeo objects cached... not working toge

Hi all!

I have to produce some dust/smoke from debris from a previous sim that I cached out.

I selected one of the pieces (don't know if I can select and make more then one at one time...) and created a smoke container and made the object emit smoke from surfaces... the thing is that being the object animated (from the previous sim), it produces smoke only when is inside the container... so I could animate the container however... the smoke object and the smoke container inside the DOP sim don't match and if you keyframe or whatever one of them, the other appears to be out of place...

And so I end up without smoke whatsoever...

So I decided to create an adaptive container, as Jeff Wagner explains in its blog. If I make a new scene without any changes, starting at frame 1 and position 0,0,0 everything goes well... as soon as I adapt it to my own scene, all fails!

This was a confused explanation but... I'm a bit dumb folded at the moment!!!

I did a new scene, this time with an animated sphere... all the settings from Jeff worked and the smoke container follows the sphere however... NO SMOKE!!!

So I'm lost... sometimes I have smoke some others I don't...

I suspected initially that since my creation frame wasn't 1, that might cause the error... but no... Any ideas?

Here's my mal-functioning file if someone can tell me what's wrong!

Again sorry for the rumbled explanation... I'm really confused at the moment...

adaptive_Container.hipnc

Thanks anim!

Will try it... I'm almost opening up my wrists... even if I try to do one of Peter Quint's examples, with smoke from an animated object, it doesn't work with me!!! I'm going crazy with this... The container follows the sphere but there is no smoke!!!

• 3 weeks later...

it seems to be working :) i added my version of autoresize otl :)

adaptive_Container_wResize.rar

Thanks anim!

Will try it... I'm almost opening up my wrists... even if I try to do one of Peter Quint's examples, with smoke from an animated object, it doesn't work with me!!! I'm going crazy with this... The container follows the sphere but there is no smoke!!!