bullet behaving strangely

Hi,

I downloaded and built the thing (64bit linux, bullet 2.78 under Houdini 11.0.7xx), and although the test scene works fine, when I construct a dopnet by hand it gives the following results:

The dopnet itself is very simple, an active and a passive rigid body, a bullet data node for each, a bullet solver and probably a gravity node.

Any ideas why this happens?

Hi,

I downloaded and built the thing (64bit linux, bullet 2.78 under Houdini 11.0.7xx), and although the test scene works fine, when I construct a dopnet by hand it gives the following results:

The dopnet itself is very simple, an active and a passive rigid body, a bullet data node for each, a bullet solver and probably a gravity node.

Any ideas why this happens?

it is similar that center of your object is too far from actual centroid

it is similar that center of your object is too far from actual centroid

You were most probably right, I tried to fix it that way and it worked out, thanks.

I'm saying "most probably" not because I don't trust your opinion--rather, I don't have any confidence in what I'm doing within this plugin. :)

Basically, I tried to do it the same way as in the single example scene that comes with the bullet DOP (with the teapots): I added a position node, and used that to actually position the object. Hopefully that set the center more or less properly (I dunno).

There are a few things I don't understand. For instance, why is the position setting is in "Set Always" state on the Position DOP? (In that mode, the object snaps back to its starting position after a few hundred frames, which is also strange.)

Basically, I'm just playing around with the stuff, but I'm not even sure I'm doing the most basic things right.

Are there any tutorials about how to use this DOP? Is this thing still under development, or should I look at the bullet SOP plugin? (I've heard it's getting quite sophisticated with constraints and all -- I just like the idea of doing dynamics in a dopnet better.) Even just a few more example scenes would be helpful.

I checked out your youtube videos (such as glued rbd objects, etc). Do you do these with this plugin? I'm actually hoping to utilize bullet somehow for actual production. Is there a chance for that, or is this thing still in an early/experimental stage?

And again, thanks for your help!