.rat files

rogerchiaw

I experiencing disappearing geometry the moment i assigned .rat texture files but when i switch to .tif or .jpg texture image, it work perfectly fine.

The same happened to an image sequence i assigned to a mantra surface.

I'm using Houdini 11, build 547.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong.

.rat texture images were generated using mplay.

I experiencing disappearing geometry the moment i assigned .rat texture files but when i switch to .tif or .jpg texture image, it work perfectly fine.

The same happened to an image sequence i assigned to a mantra surface.

I'm using Houdini 11, build 547.

Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong.

.rat texture images were generated using mplay.

Disappearing in view port or in render? Mantra converts your tifs and jpeg to rats before rendering anyway, so there is no escape from them :). Can you open your rats with mplay or cops? You could also query them with iinfo in terminal. iinfo -i file.rat should recognize if there is something wrong with a file itself.

It's hard to tell what could be the problem here. Maybe you could post the image file or even better the particular scene file so we could take a look at it.

Might it be possible that there's just something "wrong" with the alpha channel. Maybe it's all black for some reason.

I also experienced that sometimes those files could be broken if you close MPlay to early and the conversion is not done completely.

-dennis

Edited by dennis.weil

hi finally gor to rendering it in mantra, it seem to be doing the same trick. Not showing up in either the viewport or mantra

Try different build, also try to convert them with command line iconvert or icp utilities. All I can say is that RATs are very reliable format and shouldn't make any troubles. Either you stumbled on a bug or your input files are cranky. Can you show some of them here?