Command Exit Code: -1073741819

derm

Hello,

I'm currently rendering out my scene with mantra and the renders stop at random frames. The error I get is:

Command Exit Code: -1073741819

I tried not using "Max Processors" and only using 3 of 4. Same error.

I get this error when I'm writing out images as any format but I do NOT get this error if I render to "ip".

Houdini Apprentice HD build: 11.0.733

What I'm rendering: A fairly simple geometric scene, however, a lot of sprites with the dustpuff shader attached to them. I have one spotlight with raytraced shadows enabled.

Computer specs:

Win 7 x64

i7-950 overclocked to 3.2ghz from 3.07ghz

24gb RAM

Geforce GTX 460 SE

That error code is a general Windows return code. (0xc0000005) It simply means the application crashed, and Windows killed the process.

I'm confused how you're getting this code. Are you rendering on the command line? or is this shown in the output window from Mantra?

That error code is a general Windows return code. (0xc0000005) It simply means the application crashed, and Windows killed the process.

I'm confused how you're getting this code. Are you rendering on the command line? or is this shown in the output window from Mantra?

Hey hopbin! So here's how it went down. I would hit render in the Mantra node. The little render progress window would come up and start rendering. After a few frames the little render window would disappear, then the Mantra node would have the red diagonal bars across it. When I middle clicked the node to see what was wrong it would say, "Command Exit Code: -1073741819"

This is sort of a separate question but could possibly relate to the error:

I've been rendering out a sequence with "ip" instead, then saving that sequence to .jpg's. For the most part it works. However, especially last night, the little mantra rendering window will pop up when I press render. Houdini will render out around 10 - 12 frames in "ip" just fine, but then, Houdini freezes. The little mantra rendering window says "Running Vex Code" and just hangs there. I don't get any error messages, everything just stops rendering. The only way I can stop this error from happening is to reduce the amount of sprites I'm rendering. For example, I just got this recent render out where I reduced the impulse birth rate of these particles from 35 to 32 and then everything rendered to "ip" just fine. However, I'm worried about any bigger sims I'd have to do. It would be pretty terrible to be limited to such little amount of sprites.

I attached a picture so you can get an idea of the scene I'm rendering.

Thanks for any suggestions!

post-6886-131472608897_thumb.jpg

A while ago on the SESI forums someone blamed the anti-virus on causing this. So if you have any running try turning it off.

Also try updating to the latest daily or production build.

Edited by Erik_JE

Are you caching your particles sims to files first before you render, and then using a File SOP to read them in at render time?

Ah I am not sir. I assume I would just use another render ROP to do that. Although, I'm not sure which file format I would use. Is it .ppc?

Oh and about the anti-virus software. I wish that was it but I'm not running any anti-virus software :(

Actually yeah I think that did it. I cache'd out to .bgeo's and everything seems to work fine (with "ip" rendering). I haven't tried straight rendering to an image sequence but I imagine it works now. I bet my computer just couldn't handle the data and just stopped when it got to its peak. Thanks for the advice!

Actually yeah I think that did it. I cache'd out to .bgeo's and everything seems to work fine (with "ip" rendering). I haven't tried straight rendering to an image sequence but I imagine it works now. I bet my computer just couldn't handle the data and just stopped when it got to its peak. Thanks for the advice!

What you might want to do create a Geometry driver in your Out network, and then connect that to your Mantra driver. When you render the sequence, it will update the bgeo automatically. Click the disable button on the Geometry driver once the cache is upto date, and next time you change something just re-enable it.