H11 mantra OCC

Hello

I have a problem with mantra in H11. It seems to me that PBR is really slow. I have this object, but I cant go under 15-20 min per frame in 720p. I need only OCC. When in PBR try to increasing pixel samles around 9 and key is in Min ray samples, with Ray Variance Antialiasing off, say 50, but more are velcome, render times is huge. I try to render this object with mental ray OCC and time is 1 min. grrrr. Please could you somebody tell me who is familiar with mantra 11, how to efficiently set up this scene? Thanks a lot. BC.

post-4005-131504929027_thumb.jpg

scene

tomas.hip

Hello

I have a problem with mantra in H11. It seems to me that PBR is really slow. I have this object, but I cant go under 15-20 min per frame in 720p. I need only OCC. When in PBR try to increasing pixel samles around 9 and key is in Min ray samples, with Ray Variance Antialiasing off, say 50, but more are velcome, render times is huge. I try to render this object with mental ray OCC and time is 1 min. grrrr. Please could you somebody tell me who is familiar with mantra 11, how to efficiently set up this scene? Thanks a lot. BC.

post-4005-131504929027_thumb.jpg

scene

tomas.hip

What's OCC? Your scene rendered in maybe 20 seconds on my machine. But I am not sure what OCC is so I may need to change something.

Hello, OCC means ambient occlusion. Could you please send me a scene? thanks a lot.

I don't know your computer specs or noise pain threshold so it's a bit hard to say, but this took 7 min on my trusty old 2007 dualcore macbookpro.

I do agree, occlusion does feel a bit slow.

eetu.

tomas_ee.hip

I don't know your computer specs or noise pain threshold so it's a bit hard to say, but this took 7 min on my trusty old 2007 dualcore macbookpro.

I do agree, occlusion does feel a bit slow.

eetu.

Your scene got similar results on my machine. Only took 20 seconds or so to render a bit longer because Camtasia was running also.

Mantra OCC Speed Test

i72600K 3.2 GHZ

Edited by hkspowers

Your scene got similar results on my machine. Only took 20 seconds or so to render a bit longer because Camtasia was running also.

Mantra OCC Speed Test

i72600K 3.2 GHZ

heh cool, that sound good, I have same computer. I7 8gb I rendered on 14 core machines at work, and times was horrible. Please could you send me a setup of your matra settings please? thanks a lot.

heh cool, that sound good, I have same computer. I7 8gb I rendered on 14 core machines at work, and times was horrible. Please could you send me a setup of your matra settings please? thanks a lot.

I presume he's using the Mantra ROP from my scene file, posted a couple of posts back.

I just used eetu's file and hit render. I didn't change anything at all. Even your original file I didn't change anything and it rendered just as fast. Something else must be causing your slowdown.

Jupiiii yes, thats it, thanks a lot guys. So Max ray distance and shadows off is the key. Add little bit sampling quality on skylight and time go up but half hour is far far away heh no problem with that. Ok so, what about PBR on same scene. Thanks a lot guys.

I used the same scene file as before and just switched renderer to PBR and it only increased the time by 5 seconds.