Please could someone help me out on this probably very simple question

spev

Hiya Guys..

Please could someone help me out on this probably very simple question...I havent used Houdini for a couple of years and am not sure if those neurons that once held that info have died or things have changed a little in the interface...

I am trying to edit a digitalAssets interface and I would like to put a tab next to the transform tab in the parameter window.

My folder always goes to the bottom of the pane and not next to the transform tab at the top as I would like it.

I hope someone can steer me in the right direction...and thanks in advance to any help

:unsure:

Wow thanks Edward that was quick...I think that my oinly way so far has been to make a new folder...rename it transform ...swap the parameters into this and deleting the origional transform folder...this way I can get my folder tabs to sit next to eachother...not the most elegant way ...but it works

Thanks again for your kind and quick help...I have missed you guys..2 yrs too long

:D

It can be inside or outside of the folder in the same position in the list.

Generally I think if you drag something past the last item in a folder, it will go outside of the folder. To get something as the last item in a folder, you need to put it second to last and drag the last to second to last :D

My folder always goes to the bottom of the pane and not next to the transform tab at the top as I would like it.

OMG! Tell me about it. This drove me crazy for a long time before I learned the obvious.

Under the create parameters, click to highlight which control you want to insert (i.e. folder), under the existing parameters, click the control it should appear directly under (in this case "transform"), then click the right arrow in the middle of the two columns to add the new folder. It will appear next in the list of tabs.

Sounds simple, but I was always dragging and dropping my controls and they never went in the right place.

EDIT: Sorry, the above doesn't work as expected. You have to drag drop it between two folders, but below is what I was talking about.

For example.

Folder

+- control 1

+- control 2

+- control 3

If you drag and drop a control, it won't go into the folder under control 3. It will be placed outside the folder. You can drop it between control 2 and control 3, and then re-arrange them. This is what I was doing for a long time. The easy trick, select control 3, and then use the right arrow. The new control will be appended to that folder.

yea, it's a noob thing but that took me a while to figure out.

Edited by hopbin9