Wii-Houdini car simulations

xoctan657

Hi evry one

i saw this video on youtube and want to ask if any one can help me in some idea of how to creat this car semulations in houdini . have no idea how to make the car go in circular way when the front wheel had rotation ..............!!

video:

thanks for all

From the top of my head I'd think that the main variables for vehicle turning would be:

• axis distance (front and back wheels)
  • axis width
  • tires width
  • tires radius

From that you would have to calculate a circular path for the center of the front axis, and the back axis (less accurate) or 4 circular paths for each tire (more accurate) depending on the angle you're turning the steering wheel.

it is mechanical as i see , i know how to create this expression but it is very difficult to do in houdini and the comp will play so slowly with this calculation and i think i need the width and the distance between front and back axis , are there any simple way to calculate this radius without write this long expression ...................

I believe the original thread talking about this is here.

If you go to the last page of that thread, I put a couple of examples of using CHOPs to do something similar that might get you going. I haven't looked at how they work in years, but they seem to still work fine in H11.

• Like 1

I believe the original thread talking about this is here.

If you go to the last page of that thread, I put a couple of examples of using CHOPs to do something similar that might get you going. I haven't looked at how they work in years, but they seem to still work fine in H11.

hi johner , i saw your replay just yestrday , it is cool how you did the car simulation , but i didn't understand how you did this,it is some of physics and math, i am good in physics and math but if you can give some of Scientific materials in the internet about this rules in car movment and hoe to calculate it ............ thanks again for the hip............