update particles without replayback everything

MENOZ

hi,

Is there a way to update a particle system without playback all the frames before a certain frame?

The only way I know is to set the start of the timeline on the frame that I want to update, but it's very uncomfortable to adjust every time the start of the animation in timeline..

any solution?

hi,

Is there a way to update a particle system without playback all the frames before a certain frame?

The only way I know is to set the start of the timeline on the frame that I want to update, but it's very uncomfortable to adjust every time the start of the animation in timeline..

any solution?

You can do it in DOPs.

I think that's impossible, computer has to calculate all the frames before the frame you're viewing, if it was possible to do that real time, it could be possible to do it even after ropping!

sorry, what does it mean ropping? :(

computer has to calculate all the frames before the frame i'm viewing. ok, do that!

Houdini can do this but only if I set the start frame in timeline to the frame of interest.

3ds max particle system does exactly what I mean.

first tutorial found on vimeo where you can see how particles updates in 3ds

sorry, what does it mean ropping? :(

computer has to calculate all the frames before the frame i'm viewing. ok, do that!

Houdini can do this but only if I set the start frame in timeline to the frame of interest.

3ds max particle system does exactly what I mean.

first tutorial found on vimeo where you can see how particles updates in 3ds

by Ropping I mean using a rop output node to write your geometry or particles on disk.

Well, I still think you need to play all the frames before the frame you're viewing in order to see the effect of the updated pop network.

anyone has some ideas?

It's not the best solution but i usually just do two quick Shift + Right mouse button clicks where you select current frame number.

Shift + Right mouse reverts to previous value. So it's a quick way of jumping between for example 1 and 50.