specular and reflection passes houdini 11

Hi all,

I am having trouble in rendering specular and reflection passes in Houdini.

I have tried and I am not sure If I am right.

For some reason the vex variables for reflection and specular pass doesnt work properly

Please have a look at my attached file and please correct me if the spec and refl passes are wrong

Thank you very much.

passes_v.hipnc

Hi all,

I am having trouble in rendering specular and reflection passes in Houdini.

I have tried and I am not sure If I am right.

For some reason the vex variables for reflection and specular pass doesnt work properly

Please have a look at my attached file and please correct me if the spec and refl passes are wrong

Thank you very much.

You set MantraROP to render with reflections take, but that take has deep planes disabled. It has also reflection of lights turned off (on a shop) along with room's vm_renderable shoot down. So, a little mess there. Other than that, all seems to be working! :)

You set MantraROP to render with reflections take, but that take has deep planes disabled. It has also reflection of lights turned off (on a shop) along with room's vm_renderable shoot down. So, a little mess there. Other than that, all seems to be working! :)

What about specular pass?

at times spec pass with the use of image planes doesnt work.have i did the specular pass correctly?