OpenGL Issues

Greetings!

I'm running Apprentice 11.1.67 on this machine http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/precision-m6400/pd

It has nvidia quadro FX 2700M in it. 4 gigs of ram and is running windows 7 home premium 64-bit

When I create a node in the network view pane I can literally watch the whole icon draw itself as I create it. Also if I just drag a marquee box it has serious refresh problems.

Any help would be much appreciated, I was going to buy the HD version and learn this app. But it's too painful to use at the moment.

I have made sure that nothing is being "forced on" in the nvidia control panel settings but it hasn't made a difference. Drivers are the latest ones too.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.

Hi Daniel,

I'm using the same computer too and I have no problem like you describe.

I'm using other 3D applications too, like Blender, ZBrush and Unity and in "heavy" way, so no problem in the end.

The only issue I have is when I resize some panel and the SCENE VIEW panel turns blank during that operation, but I think it's normal.

And, to tell the truth, I haven't upgraded my video card driver since I bought this computer (it could be one year or little more).

Anyway, how is Houdini cooking a scene with some simple nodes? Is it fast or not? Have you problem with other 3D application or games?

Have you scan your computer with an antivirus? Do you have firewall/antivirus that are ram/cpu consuming?

Maybe the problem is somewhere else.

If the problem is Houdini, you could install some old versions until you find a working one, then contact the SideFX and let them know what's wrong, if possible, send them some screenshots alongside a good description.

I'm sorry for you, but from the first day that laptop has worked well in every condition, maybe some BSOD because the o.s. ( ;) ).