Reseting all the houdini settings

How do you reset ALL the settings as if it was a fresh install?

After going from 6.1.114 to 6.1.148 now mantra will not pop up and render any thing so I decided to uninstall and reinstall Houdini but it remembers all my settings including the ones that seem to be the problem so I wanted to reset ALL the settings as if I was starting from scratch.

Any ideas?

:(

If you keep don't uninstall it first and go to reinstall over top, the houdini install should detect that you already have it installed and should have a repair function i believe. That has fixed things for me in the past.

hth,

dave

well running the installer with out uninstalling first simply invokes the uninstaller and that is the same as i did before :(

when i midle click on a the red flaged renderes in the out put pannel i get this

could not write out to the script or pipe

failed to compleat render: mantra1

oh well going to try 6.1.114 again

Update....

I have deleted folders even dug through the registry but sill no true resetting, well still no mantra any way. so I have decided I have to format <_< grrr well guess without knowing enough to fix Houdini I guess if reinstalling the software isn

• 17 years later...