robert.magee

3D-Coat Applink

sweeeet!

gotta try out the 3d coat vector displacements in houdini.

Edited by moondeer

Thanks! I haven't tried this yet but I´m curious about the workflow. Does 3DCoat convert to polygons before sending it to Houdini or is it in voxel format? My guess is polygons but it would be quite useful to be able to cache a simulation and sending frames to 3DCoat for sculpting and then back into Houdini in a voxel format that works in both applications.

Thanks! I haven't tried this yet but I´m curious about the workflow. Does 3DCoat convert to polygons before sending it to Houdini or is it in voxel format? My guess is polygons but it would be quite useful to be able to cache a simulation and sending frames to 3DCoat for sculpting and then back into Houdini in a voxel format that works in both applications.

Haven't tried it yet, but from the post below looks like it's just using an obj to send the geo back and forth:

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7139

Haven't tried it yet, but from the post below looks like it's just using an obj to send the geo back and forth:

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7139

Ok, Thanks jujoje. Yeah it seems that I´m not alone thinking about voxel exchange for 3DCoat and Houdini. I remember back when 3DCoat introduced voxel sculpting that my first thought was how nice it would be to just send the sculpt as is directly to Houdini and Mantra without polygon conversion. Of course obj format is also good and useful.

Testing the applink on osx I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

File "opdef:/Object/coat_file_out?PythonModule", line 385, in go

IOError: (13, 'Permission denied', '\\Users\\Cordeiro\\3D-CoatV3\\Exchange\\import.txt')

Any ideia how to fix it ?

Thanks