Is there a way to override the desktop used to create a HIP file, when

magneto

The .hip files just contain a reference to which desktop it was last saved in. I don't know of a way to change that behaviour easily offhand.

Thanks Edward, what if that desktop is not found? :)

One option would be to add something in a 456.cmd or 456.py file to set the desktop to whatever you want every time you load a file.

Thanks, do you know where can I find this file? Is it in Houdini folder? Also would appreciate the python command for loading a desktop as I am quite new to Houdini API :D

Thanks graham, will read these in and out.

Btw you might now this maybe. I just checked the ui links you posted and was wondering if you can move panes/windows to different monitors? I guess you might be able to maybe using some python libs.

Kind of like move panes[0] to monitors[0]

panes[0].maximize()

etc

Looking at the Houdini docs, I have access to everything to attach to desktop, etc. Only thing is there is no way to move the floating windows.

Do I have to do this via other python libraries? I have used Maya python alot but never did win32 specific stuff with it.

Thanks.