Noises and antialiasing

haggi

Searching for antialiased noise I saw that there are two filtered noise methods: aanoise and aaflownoise.

Does that meant that it is not really a good idea to use the other noises like worley, voronoi etc. for shader coding? Is there a way to do some filtering on these other noises?

Searching for antialiased noise I saw that there are two filtered noise methods: aanoise and aaflownoise.

Does that meant that it is not really a good idea to use the other noises like worley, voronoi etc. for shader coding? Is there a way to do some filtering on these other noises?

Other than rolling own anti-aliased version? Apparently not. For voronoi there is cellnoise which is a shading-proofed version of voronoi though. Afaik once you drop in a frequency which breaks Nyquist limit, you can't really get rid of it without blurring everything (i.e. canceling signal). Note that anti-aliased noises are implemented in VEX ($HH/vex/include/voplib.h), so you can roll your own :).