Center Of Mass Otl

asnowcappedromance

hey guys,

every now in then I write some python code to stay in practice, here's one of my really useful Python Ops, I use it all the time.

The Otl calculates the center of mass of incoming geometry, you can input primitve groups or seperate the COM creation by object groups.

Let me know if you can break the tool, feedback's always appreciated,

cheers,

Manu

centerOfMass_pyOp.otl

hey guys,

every now in then I write some python code to stay in practice, here's one of my really useful Python Ops, I use it all the time.

The Otl calculates the center of mass of incoming geometry, you can input primitve groups or seperate the COM creation by object groups.

Let me know if you can break the tool, feedback's always appreciated,

With polygonal geometry, looks like it creates a COM point for each polygon (primitive)?

Not a fancy OTL, but another way to get COM, via volume & vopsop,

With polygonal geometry, looks like it creates a COM point for each polygon (primitive)?

Not a fancy OTL, but another way to get COM, via volume & vopsop,

You can deactivate the "per primitive" tab, that's the culprit who creates a point for each polygon :)

Thanks for sharing that with me, a rather interesting approach to do it, but I'm always eager to learn VOPs :) In the end the result is the same (more or less),

no matter if you average the point position or each voxels position.

One way to improve my tool would be to allow the asterisk symbol in my group mask, I still have to implement that, right now the group mask only looks if the incoming group names

contain the string that you input in that field.

cheers!