pointlist() inside pops?

gaurav

Hello Folks,

Basically, i am splitting a point in few particles and arranging them in circle.

In the attached file, I have hard coded the numbers on first frame as to what i am after inside a voppop.

To make it work i need to access individual point numbers inside split group as they are being born.

argc(pointlist()) does not seem to be helping in pops.

Is there a way to avoid going out to sops and doing it.

Seems like idea of grouping is different in pops.

Any suggestions ?

splitVopPop.hipnc

Hi,

looks like pointlist() doesn't work in pops, perhaps for better, because it would be terrible slow. Imagine argc() for a 1000 particles :). As I don't suppose there is a vex() returning npoints in group, the easiest is to count it your self inside VopPOP which you're using anyway:

for(i=0; i < Npt, i++)

{

if (ingroup(group_name, i))

total++;

}

then you can pipe total into your Fit Range VOP.

I don't know if this really works, it looks like a hack, but create an attribute on the group with $NPT and the use its value of the 0 particle to get the size.

I think another way would be a popsolver/sopsolver combo setup. I'm pretty sure that would work too and it's something I quite like using recently because it can remove a lot of these problems and you get cached scrubbing and collision with it for nearly free.

Edited by Macha