Is there a way to run hscript expression functions in a python script?

magneto

I tried it but it doesn't seem to work. I tried using sqrt(5) and got this result in the houdini console:

hou.hscript("sqrt(5)")

('', 'Unknown command: sqrt\n\r')

EDIT: I didn't check out Graham's script. What does it do? Inline Python SOP doesn't ring a bell :unsure:

Edited by magneto

Nevermind hou.hscriptExpression works. Searching the help file is a bit painful but once you find it, it's good :)

It would be good if it allowed you to search scripting vs normal usage, etc. I like the categorization of the search results but I read that only happens inside Houdini.

Nevermind hou.hscriptExpression works.

Ahh yes... ye ol' script vs expression... haha

The inline python sop allows you to run python and operate on geo within the node. for instance i wrote a simple 4d noise and moved the points around... in and of itself not that special, but the cool part is you can just test bits of script that run inline to see how/if it works, without having to create an entirely new DA or go through the hou.session or the python shell, it's all right there, i've found it quite useful... You have to d/l it from his website and then move it into one of you otl_paths.