Pyro on moving/and or deforming object

kstrod20

Does anyone know how to use a moving/and or deforming object as a source that is able to inherit velocity from said geometry. Right now I'm using Houdini 11.0.658 and I'm using the shelf "Flames" pyro tool. Inside of my "source apply" node the "Use Object Transform tik box is on" and my obj and sop path are being used

I tried to dive into the source apply node at the top of the tree is static_object1. I am unable to edit this node to turn on "Use Deforming Geometry" within the static object node. Is there a work around this or a way i can edit this?

It works fine with objects created in Houdini but I am using a FBX from Maya.

I have also tried making a new cache inside of Houdini so the Maya cache/animation chops are no longer being used.

Edited by kstrod20

In the source apply node go to SDF Generation tab and tick "Use Deforming Geometry"

To inherit the velocity go to the pyrosolver, Advanced/sources tab and on the "velocity type" set Point Velocity.

Make sure you are having a velocity attribute on your points.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, I'm having this problem.

I enabled source relationship and set the velocity type to point velocity, but I'm not having any inherit velocity at all.

My scene is just a simple animated sphere and pyro container. The animation is happening inside of sphere object.

In the source apply node go to SDF Generation tab and tick "Use Deforming Geometry"

To inherit the velocity go to the pyrosolver, Advanced/sources tab and on the "velocity type" set Point Velocity.

Make sure you are having a velocity attribute on your points.

Same question as Rus. Is this method valid in H13?

If no, what is the new method?