Urgent :realwave splash in houdini

vbk!!!

Hi,

I relay here a thread I start at Sidefx forum :

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=24730

I would like to know if there is a way to get something similar to the RWSplash in houdini.

The RWSplash emit particle when objects hit a Realwave mesh.

Is it possible to emit SPH or FLIP fluid particle from polygons ?

The only example and tutor I saw shows FLIp or SPH emitted from inside a close mesh.

The goal is to get something like RWsplash but in Houdini. I can do similar particle stuff with POPs but I need More realistic behavior.

I already have the ocean mesh and correct animation of object floating on it.

The last thing I need is a nice particle fluid layer.

Thanks for your help

You need to find out the locations where your wave hits the mesh. There are a number of ways of doing this but I think the fastest would be a pointcloud lookup in a vopsop.

You can then tag those locations (points or prims) and emit particles from those. Ideally you'd calculate the reflection vector for this, or just use a normal if that's good enough, and then use those particles to create a fluid sim if you wish.

The trick here is to make this efficient, fast and directable. But that's always the biggest challenge on these kind of things...

Edited by Macha

Is there a way to generate splash and foam from a cached flip particle data? like realflow hybrido system.

also I notice in realflow you can make a vorticity attribute to render in krakatoa.

How to make it for flip simulation?

Edited by duanxiaozhi

ok,

I have a new question :

I have flipfluid particles and an ocean mesh.

the flip particles inherits the velocity of the source object.

But I would like to know how it could be possible to drive the particle velocity with the ocean normal aswell.

The final particle velocity should be the addtion of the ocean normal vector and the inherit velocity vector ( I guess).

The particle have to use the nearest ocean normal for that.

How I can I do that ?

Thx again.

++

Vincent

post-5131-132878055603_thumb.jpg

ok,

I have a new question :

I have flipfluid particles and an ocean mesh.

the flip particles inherits the velocity of the source object.

But I would like to know how it could be possible to drive the particle velocity with the ocean normal aswell.

The final particle velocity should be the addtion of the ocean normal vector and the inherit velocity vector ( I guess).

The particle have to use the nearest ocean normal for that.

How I can I do that ?

Thx again.

++

Vincent

You could scatter points on your mesh and use them as a point cloud in the popnet for your flip fluid. Then store whatever info from the mesh you wan't transfered in those points.