Does middle mouse button on a tablet works in Paint SOP?

magneto

I use a wacom intuous 4, but I really can't get the middle mouse button work using the Paint SOP. I set it to smooth points, but no matter how hard I try, no change happens.

Middle mouse button otherwise works because that's how I pan, insert nodes into the network, etc.

Thought someone using a tablet might know this.

I use a wacom intuous 4, but I really can't get the middle mouse button work using the Paint SOP. I set it to smooth points, but no matter how hard I try, no change happens.

Middle mouse button otherwise works because that's how I pan, insert nodes into the network, etc.

Thought someone using a tablet might know this.

Works perfectly on my machine. How did you activate the smooth?

Thanks, I use the right click menu because I thought the current operation values do not "stick" when I change it in the Parameters pane in Paint SOP.

I tried all modes. Even when it's set to Deform Points, it doesn't do anything. Also I use win7 x64 if that matters.

Thanks, I use the right click menu because I thought the current operation values do not "stick" when I change it in the Parameters pane in Paint SOP.

I tried all modes. Even when it's set to Deform Points, it doesn't do anything. Also I use win7 x64 if that matters.

You have to right-click in the viewer pane and set it's operation over there. Did you check the documentation of the paint sop?

That's what I mean when I said the right click menu. It does change but the middle mouse strokes don't have any effect.

Did you try using the MMB and LMB at the same time? Then it works. That's indeed wrong either in the documentation or implementation.

• Like 1

Kgoossens, I just tried what you said and it worked. It's not specified in the Paint SOP help card though. Also I find it a little awkward. I guess the tablet users are in the minority to make a case for this?

Normally I understand the middle mouse button is tied to ladder handle but for the Paint or the Sculpt SOP, this is not the case, so it's a perfect candidate to actually use the middle mouse button for the middle mouse operation instead of also requiring to hold down the LMB.

• Like 1