pyro beginner question

Hello world

Yes Brian, you're right. I think the solver needs as a minimum geometry, temperature and fuel. The other fields are calculated from those although temperature and fuel are put in with some default settings.

Edited by Macha

Yes Brian, you're right. I think the solver needs as a minimum geometry, temperature and fuel. The other fields are calculated from those although temperature and fuel are put in with some default settings.

Hi Macha, Thank you for getting back to me.Few more questions

I have painted fuel and temperature.

1)now does temperature mixes and moves with the painted regions of the fuel?

2)if i visualise the burn,i dont see anything like mixing up.however i can see that heat field is spreading

so heat is the actual fire?

1) Depending on how you have painted your fuel and temperature, the temperature, if above the ignition threshold in the combustion model of the Pyro Solver, causes the fuel to burn. Burning fuel will release more temperature, gas and soot (smoke)... This answer your question?

2) Pyro's Burn Field represents the fuel that is burning... You'll notice that Burn only occurs in areas where there is fuel. It does not advect and move around on it's own. Since, Burn doesn't look very fantastic for "fire", the Heat Field was created. This field actually gets advected and is often used to render as fire.