Easy point position question...

Hello all,

I probably shouldn't be having this much trouble figuring this out, but:

How does one set the point position of point A to the point position of point B from another SOP? I assume the best way is with the Point SOP ant not creep or ray or whatever, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around utilizing all the local variables and $PTX!?(../confusing/code/shoppingnetwork)-looking things.

Thanks very much in advance!

~Whithers

Is it for just one point? Do you know the point number?

One solution is using an Edit SOP with group specifying your point and then using the point() expression to get the value from the other point.

But just setting one point to another seems really strange. What are you actually trying to accomplish/create?

I assume the best way is with the Point SOP ant not creep or ray or whatever, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around utilizing all the local variables and $PTX!?(../confusing/code/shoppingnetwork)-looking things.

$TX2, $TY2, $TZ2 are locals for second input in Point SOP.

Pretty much the fastest way is to use Vop Sop (with ImportAttibuteVOP inside). Point SOP also makes sense of course ;).

Thanks a ton, guys. Looks good.

The reason for this was: after much heartache I've finally set up a working simulation with an rbd object attached to the end of a wire. The only loose end I had to tie up (haha) was the small gap between the end of the wire and the rbd object itself that was the side effect of using the sbdspringconstraint.

My solution was to, in the wire's SOP after the DOP import, set the appropriate point position on the wire to the place where it's constrained/constraining the rbd object.

Thanks again!

~Whithers

(Edit: Clarification)

Edited by Whithers