I need help

I'm a 3Ds max, Maya user. I started learning houdini(my love) a few months ago, I went through different tutorials and I still feel like a dummy! I get almost everything except the parts when I need to type expressions. So my question is, is there a tutorial that goes through expressions and describes everything step by step, the brackets the commas, where I need to put them, why etc... I need it so much to not be scared of houdini.

Edited by Vardan Petrosyan

Which of cmiVFX's tutorial is about expressions? step by step I mean. It would be nice to know before getting one, thanks.

The Hscript video that anim pointed you to is probably your best starting point - it's the only one specifically focused on them that I know of.

A large number of tutorials inevitably involve expressions, so watching many of the free tutorials should allow you to pick some of the common ones up and start to practice using them.

The Hscript video that anim pointed you to is probably your best starting point - it's the only one specifically focused on them that I know of.

A large number of tutorials inevitably involve expressions, so watching many of the free tutorials should allow you to pick some of the common ones up and start to practice using them.

Thank you Ryew. I'm watching them.. and now I understand that something is really wrong with my brain:/ I really really want to learn houdini I'm watching a few tutorials a day, but only 30 percent of what I see really fits in my brain(parts that doesn't include attributes, variables etc..) Did anyone of you had this problem when you first started learning Houdini? I don't wanna give up.

now I understand that something is really wrong with my brain:/ I really really want to learn houdini I'm watching a few tutorials a day, but only 30 percent of what I see really fits in my brain(parts that doesn't include attributes, variables etc..) Did anyone of you had this problem when you first started learning Houdini? I don't wanna give up.

Don't worry you are facing temporary max/maya withdrawal symptoms. Just keep hammering on it. :)

For the hscript i found following pdf really good. It was written for houdini 6, I found it couple of months ago on the net.

hth,

Cheers,

hscript.pdf

Don't worry you are facing temporary max/maya withdrawal symptoms. Just keep hammering on it. :)

For the hscript i found following pdf really good. It was written for houdini 6, I found it couple of months ago on the net.

hth,

Cheers,

haaaahaaa bingo! "max/maya withdrawal symptoms" :)))))) I think I'm getting better knowing that people from this forum really care about houdini dummies :))) thank you. I'll have a look at pdf