how to get scalar product for computing cosine

hito2501

I need to find the cosine of the angle between the normal vector and the vector of the point of Velocity

tell me what node is returns the scalar product of two normalized vectors?

Dot Product. It returns the cosine of the angle, so no need to use a cosine node after that.

One more question please

I need to paint the surface of a moving subject focusing on the difference between the normal direction and direction of the acceleration of its surfaces. tell me how to convert the returned node "Dot product" value in the format of a float value in the format of color (vector?). I want to mix it with a constant color and assign the object. node "Float to vector" produces only black color..

Edited by hito2501

Hi, it's me again

please tell me - is it possible to transfer the surface color of the resulting shop shader to point color from the vopsop without rendering and loading texture?

and if this is the only way please tell me how to render this texture?

my job to make the figure of a dancing man made ​​of paint, with strong movements which fly off drops of ink

With your help I was able to paint the figure, depending on the strength and direction of the surface velocity, but still, these areas are too large to simulate the desired shape of the liquid. now I want to combine this result with the result of ambient occlusion, but how to combine them if they are in a different SOPs...

post-7947-13343381865_thumb.png

Edited by hito2501