Nasa Spaceship Endeavour

wandersonp

Hey everyone.

This is my first project that I'm using houdini volumetrics.

I did the shuttle model and uv in 3dsmax. The animation, light and render are done in houdini micropolygon.

The shader in spaceship is basically mantra surface with a few modifications. the render passes are

beauty, occlusion, envinroment light, some mask, the background is a simple photoshop mattepaint.

For the smoke i used FX tools, and nuke for composition. For the camera shake I used a maya locator with noise position to after effects.

When I was working in this project I had a terrible problem with camera scale. Thats take me many hours of frustration, hehe.

Thanks

post-6054-133406788179_thumb.jpg

post-6054-133406782113_thumb.jpg

Nice job! I've been working on a similar setup (a rocket). How are you dealing with the high velocities? My only solution so far has been to use ~15 sub steps per frame. My fluids have a velocity magnitude of around 4000.

Thanks,

Jesse

Hey zoso, I didn't work with fluid, I used just the Fx tools to create the smoke,

and I added a ramp parameter to color the smoke by age. I don't know about the fluid sim yet

Hey magneto, you are right, I didn't realize that I used motion blur twice times in nuke.

thanks

Edited by Wanderson Pereira

Hey zoso, I didn't work with fluid, I used just the Fx tools to create the smoke,

and I added a ramp parameter to color the smoke by age. I don't know about the fluid sim yet

Hey magneto, you are right, I didn't realize that I used motion blur twice times in nuke.

thanks

My mistake - I thought you meant PyroFX ;)