To make group for pieces

kidsreturnjj

I divided alot of pieces by voronoi.

And I'm trying to make group for pieces.

But I'm just able to group for points or primitives.

How can I make group for Pieces group?

not sure what you mean by "make group for pieces", because voronoi fracture node be default creates outside, inside AND pieces groups! you have 1 group per piece!

• Like 1

Thx to reply ;)

Yeah, in piece group, there are various size pieces.

I want to make all the small size pieces into one group.

If you can check the file, there are small segments or small size devisions. I should group them.

How can I group all the small segments/pieces??????????????

• Like 1

Thx to reply ;)

Yeah, in piece group, there are various size pieces.

I want to make all the small size pieces into one group.

If you can check the file, there are small segments or small size devisions. I should group them.

How can I group all the small segments/pieces??????????????

I actually bypassed your divide node, because it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow! my computer was chocking on it! so I just used a non-divided version with only 10 points, to see if you're getting groups or not, but anyway, so I think what you're trying to do is that you want to group you pieces based on their size?! like small ones in 1 groups, and big ones in another?

if that's what you're trying to do, then I think you can use a measure sop, and use perimeter or area, and then attribPromote the max to detail, and group based on that!

Edited by ehsan parizi
  • Like 1

Yes exactly, Parizi.

like I said, if you use a measure SOP to measure something like area or perimeter, and then an attribute Promote that attribute after that, and promote the maximum of your perimeter or area from primitive to detail, then you can use that new detail attribute to group small ones, although it works only when you have enough difference between small and big pieces! But I think you can tweak your group expression in the group node to get a pretty good result.

• Like 1

Thx so much Rudinie.

I still have some problem. Because when I make small pieces group by Measure - Area,

it include pieces what I don't want.

I just want to make a group for part what I divide by voronoifracture.

I attached file. Could you check it?

Ok, no worries. First of all, you missed the main functionality of the for each sop which caused the setup to not work.

What happens in there is important. For each group, the area attribute of all the primitives gets summed and set to (promoted) a detail attribute. This detail attribute gets promoted back to a primitive attribute so all primitives in the group have the same value which is the sum of the areas of all primitives in the group.

The setup for fracturing your geometry could use some love as well. In order to prevent little chunks outside of the middle area of your "table" i just split the whole thing into two parts, a middle part and a static part.

At the end you just merge it back together.

For future rbd-sake i deleted all groups in the static part and regrouped it to one group called piece_static. This will help dops to see it as one chunk if you decide to use it in a rbd simulation.

Hope this cleared things up a bit.

test3_for_kidsreturnjj.hipnc

• Like 2