Flip fluid leaking with collision object

rulpena

Hi boys,

I need some help with a problem that it´s driving me crazy. I´m trying to fill a glass with a flip fluid and after move the glass. While the glass is not moving there is no problem but when the collision object starts to move this leaks the fluid particles untill all disappear. I try all I Know (that is not much), up the sub-steps,copy a sopvector field with the vel of the object and check all the parameters, but nothing works.

Someone can give me an idea or direction to follow to resolve the problem, I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks to all.

FlipFluidLeak.hip

Hi Peter, how nice to see you here :)

If you see the file I use like a collision object a very thicker version of the glass, how you propose in you video. I think the problem it´s not there.

While I was sleeping this night, :blink: I dreamed that the problem could be that I can raise the substeps in the flip solver but I can´t do this in the collision object because it not have substeps, What do you think about it?

thanks

i too dream about houdini. . .try upping the sub steps on the dopnet node itself. This improves accuracy for all. Hope this helps. Values of 2 or 3 are usually enough but try higher for fast moving objects. now off to dream of electric sheep.

Edited by spev