Two question about PyroFX

thinkinmonkey

Hello all,

I have two question about PyroFX.

1. I want to know how it's possible to "group" voxels according their temperature or velocity, so I can apply a force just to them. For example, I'd like to apply gravity only when smoke is very cold or I'd like to apply a turbulence field only to smoke (again cold voxels) and not to flames (hot voxels).

2. I'm working on a pyro simulation for a missile trail and I want flames diverge a bit, I tried some expand objects, but with no success, so I thought to create a custom velocity volume using volumevelocity. If I use a sphere with velocity according its points normals to expand gas, it behaves strangely, instead if I use a box with an upward velocity, the gas rises in a predictable way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

test_v2.hipnc

Hello all,

I have two question about PyroFX.

1. I want to know how it's possible to "group" voxels according their temperature or velocity, so I can apply a force just to them. For example, I'd like to apply gravity only when smoke is very cold or I'd like to apply a turbulence field only to smoke (again cold voxels) and not to flames (hot voxels).

You can use a gas field vop to build masks, do condition-tests and manipulate velocity per voxel.

It works like a vop sop but on voxels instead of points.

I´m not on a computer with H now, but can build you a file later on if you want me to.

Hi mawi,

I'll try what you say, now I'm curious about masks. About the file, if you can, I'll appreciate, but take your time, I want to try by myself! ;)

For the second question, maybe it's quickier if I created an animated object as source volume in order to obtain the right shape I'm looking for, but why my volumevelocity isn't working still remains a mistery for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mawi,

If you could do a test file example would be great. I am trying to do something quite similar. I am burning a building and I would love to control different fields to have more control of the effect.

Thank you very much,

I'm using the GasFieldVop to add user velocity to pyro velocity when heat is lower than a given value, but it's not working.

Mawi, at this point, I'd like to see your example and understand better, thanks again.

I just had a quick look at your file and I think it would be better to mix or add your force in.

Something like heat -> fit -> ramp and then use that to mix your force/noise with solved velocity.

I can do some test, however I´m working much now and with a new kid there is not much time left.