Create Ordered parameter in Group SOP

nord3d

Hi

I'm trying to understand what the "Create Ordered" parameter actually does. Help says only:

Orders the points/primitives in the group in the order they are entered. Useful when skinning.

Any suggestion, or examples, please.

it will remember order of points/primitives as they were selected prior to creating group or as they are specified in the pattern

so for example Add SOP will create polygon from such point group in the same order as opposed to numerical order from lowest ptnum if it was not ordered

Thanks for the reply.

Theoretically (IMHO), yes, exactly as you write. But practically, I can't see any changes in the behavior. How I can use this, for example, with Add SOP, so it create polygon in the order of selection? (I have tried, but without success).

I understand why I misunderstand. :)

It's because I think that with loop-selecting in viewport, and call "Group Geometry", it create group in order of points in the loop. But no, this way group has created just in usual increase number order. How can't I see it?..

Now, in HoudiniFX, that can be achieved with select edges, then call group and then convert the resulting edges group to a point group. So, Add SOP will create polygon in order of original edges selection.

Sorry, not understanding what you're saying. If you happen to have selected your edge loop points in a way that already works with increasing point numbers, then it is expected that the Create Ordered toggle won't show any difference.