10000 Posts.

Wolfwood

Not only a half toasted bottle of Jack Daniels, but some spent artillery shells, a case of water, lots of coffee and the imfamous real houdini butterfly in a box.

Must work on that bottle! It is still at the top of the label!

Let's see if we can finish the bottle before we get to 10,000 posts!

O.K. That's it! Rant to follow!! Rant warning! Rant warning! :angry::angry:

OTL's are Operator Type Libraries, not custom operators. Don't be calling custom operators otl's. I hate that soooooo much. Custom operators are contained in otl's. How can otl's reside in otl's? Try supporting that some day. User comes to you and says " my otl is busted" and yes, we do get that in support. Try answering that one and keep yourself sane.

Anyone calling a custom operator an otl is simply confused or ignorant. There is no other explanation. You put down an operator and call it an otl, a library??? Yes, that's you Jim!

OTL contains custom operators

OTL's are loaded in to Houdini. You then have access to the custom operators contained in the library file.

When you place a custom operator in your network, you now have an instance of that custom operator. Call this a custom operator instance or custom operator and I can follow you.

Rant off... :) :)

There you go, you got your rant.

Phew. More whisky... :ph34r: