Sparks

mitz711

Can anyone help me understand how to create sparks in houdini? I've started out by just emitting particles from a grid downwards and splitting it at the point of collision.. but I'm not exactly getting the look of proper sparks colliding on the ground.. another thing is that I tried using the particle surface node as well as a POP network to see the difference.. any idea which is better to use?

I've attached the working file i'm using right now..

Thanks for the help in advance!

sparks_test.hipnc

ok so after doing some tests myself.. i managed to get the look of sparks interacting with the ground.. but now when i render.. the collided sparks appear brighter than the sparks coming down..

I added geometry velocity blur and cranked up the velocity in order to make my particles appear like they are sparks in the render view..

Can i get some advice on how to lessen the brightness of the collided sparks?

Attached it the latest file i'm working on.

sparks.hipnc

Due to their lower speed it's realistic that they appear brighter then the really fast moving sparks. If it's just not the look you want, you could try to add a color node and only affect your bounce group.

I am still a Houdini noob but it's the first that comes to my mind :)