Creating new image planes in a mantra procedural

Guest xionmark

Guest xionmark

Hello,

Is there any way to add extra image planes on the fly from a mantra procedural without writing out a new IFD and calling mantra to render the newly generated IFD Stream?

Mega thanks,

Mark

I'm not aware of a good way to do this. Maybe the IFD could be edited if they are ASCII instead of binary? That's probably more trouble than its worth though. Why not export the IFD sequence again? If the IFD sequence took a while to export try delayed load if you haven't already, so the IFD contains the bare minimum of data and exports quickly.

Guest xionmark

I thought maybe changing settings/properties in the procedural I might be able to setup the number of planes and tiles required.

I realize these are "geometry" procedurals but seeing how many attributes and settings that can be read and written, it seems there might be a way to create AOV's and tiles/planes on the fly.

--Mark

I thought maybe changing settings/properties in the procedural I might be able to setup the number of planes and tiles required.

I realize these are "geometry" procedurals but seeing how many attributes and settings that can be read and written, it seems there might be a way to create AOV's and tiles/planes on the fly.

--Mark

To me the cleaner way and more user friendly way would be to do this before exporting the IFD, the Mantra ROP could be wrapped in a digital asset that always enables the extra image planes that are needed. Maybe that's not good for your project though.