Resample curve base on length

kiko

Hi guys, I try to build a spine of a fish. How can I resample the curve base on length of that curve or something like this. I need to increase density of points on the and of my curve gradually to make the bones fit tight.

resampe_example_01.png

Edited by kiko

Yes, it's exactly what I'm looking for! But I want to understand how it's possible to make this tool. It seems to be easy. I can't dive into this biasCurve asset and see what's going on.

I don't know his implementation. But this I how I would approach this.

BiasCurve.hipnc

Edited by kgoossens

Yes, it's exactly what I'm looking for! But I want to understand how it's possible to make this tool. It seems to be easy. I can't dive into this biasCurve asset and see what's going on.

you are absolutely right !

and this is exactly "why i was more affraid for : about someone posting a link to Orbolt someday " .

sad .=\

you are absolutely right !

and this is exactly "why i was more affraid for : about someone posting a link to Orbolt someday " .

sad .=\

Why? Just depends what you need... Suppose he wasn't interested in the technique and he just wants to have a good and quick end result. Then he had to pay a 0.99$ price. I'd call that a bargain.

By the way, what has really changed? We are trying to help out, don't we? Just like what would have happened before. If the techniques being used are precious to the maker of that tool, then he wouldn't have shared the idea's either. At least now you can get the tool.

Is this is what you want?

Yes, it is! What does the following sign mean? ||

resampe_example_02.png

( even to manually modify those with the 'power' of edit tools ; drag , move and scale )

Yea, sometimes it's easy than build a network. But not really procedural.

Why? Just depends what you need... Suppose he wasn't interested in the technique and he just wants to have a good and quick end result. Then he had to pay a 0.99$ price. I'd call that a bargain.

By the way, what has really changed? We are trying to help out, don't we? Just like what would have happened before. If the techniques being used are precious to the maker of that tool, then he wouldn't have shared the idea's either. At least now you can get the tool.

I think you are right. It depend on a purpose of each person. Someone need just a simple tool to solve they problem. And the main goal is a beautiful result in short period of time and for smallest money. But when I have my free time I try to understand origin of things.

Edited by kiko

a.s.: please , read this post as a desaturated one from the fact that you are an asset-creator for Orbolt .

also please keep in mind not everything is addressed to you personally kgoossens ..

hope also my english is understood .

Why?

-- the short answer :

because this is a forum , not a store .

-- the long answer :

Just depends what you need... Suppose he wasn't interested in the technique and he just wants to have a good and quick end result. Then he had to pay a 0.99$ price. I'd call that a bargain.

( no comment )

By the way, what has really changed? We are trying to help out, don't we? Just like what would have happened before.

the tiniest i could say is .. " im not sure. "

wd be interesting , indeed , to see some web-statistics for this place and if there is a relation with the Orbolt 's launch ..

If the techniques being used are precious* to the maker of that tool, then he wouldn't have shared the idea**'s either. At least now you can get the tool***.

* - not sure how much precious it is , without knowing :

1-where it comes from ,

2-how much other users have 'contributed' into that ( files / advices / etcetera ) .

** - share ideas ( ?!! ) . hmmm . really ?!

do you really define the process of lockin + uploading + putting a pri¢e over to an otl as sharing ?

wherever ive been on a common-place on the web ( called community ) , i have created and consolidated another concept about sharing . something more similar to what sadhu , you and me did after the post #4 .

do you agree ?

*** - i agree . =)

-- few disconnected sentences :

-from another POV ( ive been looking through from some time ) i think uploading a solution which solves the same problem for which an asset already exists on Orbolt might be a BAD-Thing .

wd invalidate someone else's efforts , bu$sines , etcetera . .

-suffocating ideas is the worse thing can ever happen to houdini ..

-im not sure , if i see an asset on Orbolt , and can open here a thread to ask "how can i do something similar ?"

-im not sure if this was the right way to make houdini community more alive and generous .

do i see Orbolt useless and dark ?

no !

im not even sure my vision expressed below wd work but here it is SESI ( promisse.. for the last time ):

1-once a question posted on forums wd get a solution , which could be packed in otl , WE pack it ! yes WE . whoever can . i believe we all spend a lot of time playing with houdini whenever we can . No ?

2-someone can do it "work faster" / " add options" .. do it ! here even smallest suggestions , ideas and precious experience from best users get implemented in otls . post on the same thread .

3-once the feedback from testers is ok , the best versions get uploaded / submited from each maker in a place ( maybe a section here ) SESI has access and get permissions to 'give the last touch' to the otl .

4-once 'baptised' from SESI , the otl is available for everyone .

Free ! Open ! Forever !

5-attach to its docs additional infos like : source thread , contributors , versions , examples , etcetera . .

6-in the future save your time and money for something / someone else ..

thats it my friends !

thats what i wanted to say but didnt had time to expand on another thread here days ago ..

beside of being naive .. im tired and hesitant too .

done! promised .. =)

good luck

Yea, sometimes it's easy than build a network. But not really procedural.

hi kiko ,

=)

im not sure if you understood my idea in the file i uploaded . ( ? )

i thought you wanted to 'know how' and i gave you an example which ;

performs better* , is cleaner than both examples given before mine .

while additionally ( / optionally ) the suggestion has some space for handjob too .

so , if you want to make it procedural , replace edit_uv_sop with whatever complex procedural procedure you want .

it should keep working fine for as long as you manipulate the distribution over the linear space of U in UV coordinates .

i could have uploaded a lot of interesting procedures between two point_sops getting really cool outputs

, but i choose to simply put an edit_uv_sop

good luck !

--

* tested with a line with 1000 points ( geo1 cook time ):

sadhu -- 9.071 s

kgoossens -- 0.173 s ( 0.104 s taken by the sweep_sop only )

zarti -- 0.101 s

Morning All,

In the spritit of sharing and because the kind people of the interweb have answered my questions before for free I've decided to post the basic internals of my (insanely) complex biasCurve on the orbolt store (attached).

you'll see most of the work is done by two VOP sop's

1) one to bias a duplicate curve points in the zero to one unit range

2) and another VOP which uses the PrimAttb node to map the duplicate curve to the original via UV's

I hope this help's..

kind regards

Milo

#maintainer of www.houdinistuff.com (thats also been free for the past few years)

p.s I had to get permission from my kids that they were happy to go without food or clean water to save you the .99c download but I'm pretty sure they gurgled back that you'll all probably buy it anyway afterwards as a sign of your appreciation..

biasCurve.hip