How to make the temperature of pyro-sim 1 to ignite fuel I painted for

Scratch

Hey odforce folks!

I am working on a pyro simulation and I want to have one burning object (sim1) to set annother object (painted with custom fuel) on fire (sim2). I am using 2 sims (or better said two solvers) for that because I want the two flames to look different (different solver settings for combustion and shape etc.) . So the two sims should interact in this way: I want the temperature of sim 1 to ignite fuel I painted for sim 2 (which also has a temperature attribute, but initially set to 0).

Now my question: How do I get the temperature field of sim1 to ignite custom painted fule of sim 2?

I hope I explained that somehow clear. Its a bit hard to put into clear words.

Thx in advance for your help! :)

One way that I know is to use Gas Fetch Field To Embed dop. I hope the attached file gives you an Idea.

I got the similar effect by animating the value of ignition temperature of fuel (pyrosolver2/combustion/ignition temperature). Set high Ignition temp when the fire is away from the fuel and when it touches the fuel set the Ignition temp to default or even lower value.

ignite_fuel.hipnc

• Thanks 1

Hey sadhu,

thx for the example!

What bugs me on this setup:

The fuel paint source object is emitting temperature itself. I want to have a temperature field, but leave it empty until I copy/add something in it manually.

Your setup is working manually, meaning i have to animate when the fuel has to ignite or not. I want to do this procedurally, meaning, whenever the heat source gets near enough, it will ignite.

If I do not understand correctly, please go ahead and correct me!