Pyrosolver Timescale

Dave Rand

I'm attempting to drive the timescale parameter with the length (speed) of a vector in my scene.

My goal is to speed up or slow down a Pyrosolver based on the speed of a point.

I know i can possibly get this by changing forces etc.... but thought driving a simulation time curve would be more useful in this case.

I'm getting the values I'd expect but they have no influence on the sim. Values > 1

I can, however, change the Scale Time paramter slider at the object level of the AutoDopNetwork but his is a constant for the entire sim. I need it to vary.

I'm aware that a negative slope over time may actually reverse a sim or have strange results.

I need this to happen in the sim, changing a chache afterward is not going to help me as things need to occur in the scene specific frames...I just need a faster or slower reaction time.

To put this another way I'm trying to emulate simulation speed as available in Maya for fluid simulations. I believe that is simply changing the time curve there of the simulation.

Anyone have some experience with this?