Physical SSS with Displacement

Mzigaib

Are anyone here having problems with the physical SSS with displacement?

If I use mantra surface shader without displacements our bumps the Physical SSS works great but if I turn it on my multi SSS disappear in most part, any tips?

Thanks.

post-5743-0-96117700-1352395272_thumb.jp

Edited by Mzigaib

Are you making sure to generate the point cloud map after displacement is activated? I make the mistake all the time to generate the pc map and then read it in from disk before turn on displacement.

Edited by phrenzy84

I still have the same problem,

I did generate the PC with the displacement turned on with the option to write the file to the disk after that I rendered again with the option to read the file and the problem persists I am using Houdini 12.1.77.

Any more ideas?

I got it working!!! Sorry the delay.

It seems that if I use a shader with a SSS with displacement applied on geometry level the multi SSS doesn't work right.

I got it working right when I separate my objects and applied the material with SSS with displacement on the geometry level, it's weird but it's cool by me.

I got it working!!! Sorry the delay.

It seems that if I use a shader with a SSS with displacement applied on geometry level the multi SSS doesn't work right.

I got it working right when I separate my objects and applied the material with SSS with displacement on the geometry level, it's weird but it's cool by me.

Yeah another thing i forgot to add is your geometry should be continuous/watertight at least when generating the pc map. So i guess if you have multiple pieces in a single OBJ op it might not play well.