Acessing the current loop number of a For VOP in a string

Hello!

I`m in a VOP network and im using a for loop.

In each iteration of the loop, i`d like to do something to a specific group of points, so i've added a - point in group node - inside the loop.

I need to give the point in group node a group name however, and i`d like to use the current loop number of the group to get this.

My groups are called piece_1, piece_2, piece_3.....etc. How can I build this string so the integer refers to the current loop number? piece_`_i` dosent seem to work....

Thanks for any help!

Hmmm, ok, Ive found the Print VOP which i think is creating the group name correctly...... but sadly thats not solved my problem

What im trying to do is have 12 lines blend into 12 different points. Its easy to make this network if all lines are blending towards the same point, but seemingly difficult if you want each line to end up at a different point.

Ive attached my network, which I assume should work, but doesnt. Are there any ovious ways to do this im missing?

make_curves_go_to_different_points.hipnc

oh yeah! I get it now. I knew I was looking at this the wrong way.... Using class I dont even need the for loop - so much simpler - Thank you very much Artem.

I`m still at a loss as to why my, much messier method, didnt work though....... Unless I`m misunderstanding something, the logic seems to check out.

I`m still at a loss as to why my, much messier method, didnt work though....... Unless I`m misunderstanding something, the logic seems to check out.

For each iteration all points will come in for loop, they will get processed as per your set up if they are in the group related to that iteration, but what about points which are not in the group but in the for loop? Refer attached file with the necessary correction in you setup.

forloop_solution.hipnc